I developed it for my I-Mate JAM running .NET CE(2.0). Currently .NET does not have any explicit support for bluetooth like java where there is a seperate API (Java Bluetooth API). Microsoft recommends use of sockets for this purpose, using sockets would be really time consuming task because that is relativly a low level programming task so I searched for some open source Bluetooth API that targets microsoft .NET and finally descided to use 32feet.net API. Its an open source API for personal networking.
- Develoment Machine capable of running Visual Studio 2005
- I-Mate JAM or equvalent PDA device that support Microsoft Bluetooth stack.
- Bluetooth dongle for desktop machine, make sure that dongle supports Microsoft Bluetooth stack.
- Data cable for PDA
- Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
- .NET CE(2.0) on your PDA (You can install .NET(CE) on I-Mate JAM from here)
- Microsoft ActiveSync (You can get it from here)
- 32feet.net(InTheHand) API (You can get it from here)
- Install Visual Studio 2005 on development machine
- Install 32feet.net on development machine. If your hardware is not working with API then you can try following workarund.
- Now install Microsoft ActiveSync on development machine as well.
- Finally connect you PDA and machine with datacable and test the connection.
- First create a Windows form applicaton that will work as server on desktop machine. This applicaton will work as a Bluetooth listner. In 32feet.net samples there is a Remote sample you can use it as guide line.
- Next you need to find out command messages for Windows Media Player, You can use spy++ for this purpose. For example what is the command message sent against volume up command.
- Next you need to use import some win32 functions in your C# application for locating the running instance of Winodws Media Player and pass it the command message to performs that action.
- Finally map some keys that listner recieves via bluetooth and then raises apperoperiate command message for Windows Media Player.
- Now create Device Application 2.0 for your PDA or you can use the client part of remote sample available with 32feet.net.
- Once client applicaton is setup properly all you need is to send those keys to desktop machine for wich you define mapping on server component. Once server module will reieve a mapped key for example you have mapped 9 to volume up then it will raise volume up command message for Winodws Media Player and hence will stepup the volume.