Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Test web site for different versions of IE

Most of the time web developers come into a situation facing problems with the different versions of Internet Explorer. Where their site works fine for a specific version of IE but have some problems with other version. I my self faced this situation several times when my site just works fine for IE 7 but has many issues when i test it in IE6.
As we can only have a single version of Internet Explorer on our development machine and this issue creates a lot of panics for me. I have to configure different version of IE on different machines and then to test my code on these different machines for different IE versions.

Thanks GOD at last i found a good tool that help me get rid of this problem. This is the IETester WebBrowser.

IETester is a free WebBrowser that allows you to have the rendering and javascript engines of IE8 beta 1, IE7 IE 6 and IE5.5 on Vista and XP, as well as the installed IE in the same process.

Thanks to the www.my-debugbar.com
for creating such a cool WebBrowser and making it free for developers community. There is many more cool stuff available at www.my-debugbar.com
You can download latest version of IETester from here

1 comment:

Mohsin Ali said...

its great help buddy